Prospective graduate students - Welcome to the Department of Scientific Computing! We offer Master's and Ph.D. programs, open to students holding a bachelor's degree in the applied sciences, mathematics, computer science, computational science, or engineering.
FALL ADMISSION DEADLINES
[ July 1st ] Deadline for academic admission to the Department. Students with complete applications by this date may also be considered for any possible remaining funding.
The application procedure is the same for all students.
All applicants, please note:
Transcripts are considered official when they are sent from a college or university directly to the Office of Admissions and contain an official seal and signature. Transcripts bearing the statement "Issued to student" or transcripts submitted by the applicant are not considered official.
All prospective graduate students need to submit an application to Florida State University
FSU Application Procedure:
- Complete FSU's Office of Admissions on-line application (Click the "Apply Now!" button).
- Pay FSU application fee of $30 (check or credit card).
- Have official GRE scores sent to admissions (school code for Florida State University is 5219. A department code is not required). The official scores must be received directly from the Educational Testing Service by the Office of Admissions.
- Have two unofficial transcripts submitted to the Office of Admissions by every college and university attended.
For excellent information about the FSU application procedure, please see the student pages on the FSU Web site.
All graduate applicants must satisfy the following FSU admission requirements:
- Have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Be in good standing at the institution of higher learning last attended.
- Present evidence by official transcripts of a satisfactory prior academic record (at least a 3.0 G.P.A. on a 4.0 scale) OR have minimum ranking of 85 percentile (quantitative) and 50 percentile (verbal) on the Graduate Record Examinations General Test (GRE), under the new scoring system.
- Be a native English speaker OR pass the TOEFL test (international applicants only).
- Additional information for incoming international students, including language requirements, can be found at the International Admissions website.
- Be approved by the Department of Scientific Computing.