- Last Updated: Friday, 31 August 2018 16:25
This major involves mathematical modeling, fluid dynamics, and environmental factors dealing with wildland and prescribed fires.
- Students are offered Elective Courses in Engineering, Geological Sciences, Mathematics, Meteorology, Oceanography, Physics, Statistics, and Scientific Computing.
- Fire Dynamics students can work with our diverse faculty in GFDI (Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Institute), EOAS (Earth, Ocean, and Atmospheric Sciences), and/or Scientific Computing.
Scientific Computing Faculty and Their Research Interests:
- Dr. Gordon Erlebacher
- (computational fluid dynamics, turbulent flow, data visualization)
- Dr. Anke Meyer-Baese
- (data mining, image analysis, data analytics)
- Dr. Tomasz Plewa
- (computational fluid dynamics, astrophysical plasma dynamics, data analytics)
- Dr. Bryan Quaife
- (hydrodynamics, fire dynamics, integral boundary methods)