SC students, faculty, and students taking SC courses can interactively access the computers located in DSL 152 and the hallway via the Sun Grid Engine (SGE). This system allows you to request interactive resources and it will find and instantiate a session on the least loaded workstation. What follows is a quick start for the SC environment. For more extensive SGE documentation checkout the official SGE web site here.
How to Run an Interactive Job
- Open an X11 terminal and type:
- SGE will locate the least-loaded classroom node and initiate a connection.
- After authenticating, type the name of the program you want to run, e.g.,
qlogin is not available on your machine, you must run the above commands from a DSC desktop.
- SSH to a DSC desktop or hallway machine:
ssh -X hallway-a.sc.fsu.edu
- Then follow the above instructions.
- 1 job per user
- Classroom queues are available with the exception of Mon - Fri 7:45 AM till 6:00 PM
- Hallway queues are available 24/7.
- To guarantee which queue you land in please use either qlogin -q classroon or qlogin -q hallway
NOTE: All remote classroom sessions will be terminated at 7:45 AM M-F. The purpose of the classroom and hallway machines is primarily for students to do their assignments - not as a production engine. Use FSU's shared HPC system (http://hpc.fsu.edu) for production batch schedule jobs.