There are numerous ways to host your personal website. Here are a few recommended methods:
FSU's myWebDAV Solution
- FSU's myWebDAV Service. Available to all Faculty and Students.
- If your website is not created yet, please submit a support ticket here, help.fsu.edu
- Use WebDAV clients to manage your website: e.g., My Network Places (under Windows) or Connect to Server (on the Mac)
DSC's public_html Solution
- https://people.sc.fsu.edu/~FSUID or https://sc.fsu.edu/~FSUID
- Change permissions of your home directory
chmod 0711 ~
- Create public_html folder in your home directory
- Change permissions of your public_html directory
chmod 755 ~/public_html
- Add content to your public_html (space counts towards your quota)
- IMPORTANT: This will likely allow other users in the file system to read files in your home directory. Please manage the permissions accordingly.